Timing Your Hospital Bag
Try to have your hospital bag ready by 36-37 weeks (in case your little one decides to come early).
Although it doesn’t go in your actual bag, a car seat is an absolute must have.You won’t be able to take your little one home from the hospital without an installed car seat so make sure it’s in the car, installed, and ready to go. We recommend having your car seat installed in advance (around 35 weeks just in case)!
- A swaddle blanket or two. Make sure to bring a soft swaddle blanket to wrap and keep your baby cozy. We all know how cold hospital rooms can get, you’ll want to make sure you have a blanket to keep your little one warm. If you want to wrap your little one in a specific type of fabric, you’ll definitely want to bring your own. You’ll also use the blanket for the ride home. Our ultra-soft hypoallergenic swaddles are highly recommended. So many parents have written to us saying how our swaddles and hats have helped keep their little ones cozy and make the perfect picture.
- Hat and socks. Make sure to pack a hat along with socks to keep your little one protected from the cold.
- 1-2 Burp cloths. Don’t forget to pack one or two burp cloths in your bag. All newborns spit up so you’ll want these to keep your clothes clean or at least your visitor’s. Our 2-in-1 Burp Cloth Bibs are made out of 8-layers of muslin gauze so they’re extremely absorbent. Your visitors will thank us later.
- Going home outfit. You’re probably counting down the days to finally dress your little one in all your cute outfits. Don’t get carried away, bring only one to two outfits in your bag. Realistically you don’t need more than that and all the rest of the outfits will be waiting for you upon your baby’s home arrival! We recommend packing two different sizes (newborn and 0-3 months) so you can decide what to use once you see the size of your baby. Our bamboo zippered footies make the perfect outfit to bring your baby home. They are extremely soft, hypo-allergenic, antimicrobial, and have foldable mittens to prevent baby from scratching their face.
- Baby wipes. Diapers. Diaper rash cream. These will all be provided by the hospital but if you prefer to bring your own make sure to pack these as well.